We are committed to the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equal opportunity when welcoming people with mobility needs.
- Assistive Devices: our staff are trained and familiar with the various assistive devices we have on site and that may be used by visitors.
- Communication: We will communicate in ways that take into account varying abilities.
- Service Animals: Service animals are welcomed on our premises in areas open to the public.
- Support Persons: Support persons are welcome and, for the support person, we will waive any fees otherwise being charged for an event.
- Training: staff and key volunteers will be trained in regard to accessible services and the guidelines of the Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for visitors with mobility needs (such as elevator or accessible washroom), we will provide visible notice at the entrance to our building. We will also communicate, as promptly as possible via email, with members who have identified themselves as needing this notice before traveling to the building.
If you wish to provide feedback regarding the accessibility of our services, we welcome your input:
by completing an online Visitor Service Feedback Form for Accessible Services [insert link to form}
or by mail to 175 St. Clair Ave West Toronto M4V 1P7,
or by completing a Feedback form and depositing it into the mailbox of our Director of Administration.
All feedback with contact information will be responded to within 2 weeks.