During our Sunday morning worship service we offer loving care for infants and toddlers as well as engaging programming for pre-school and school-age children.
Our team of carefully chosen volunteer teachers use story, discussion, plays, arts and crafts, cooperative games, activities and music to create a fun, interactive experience for young people.
Our programs for children strive to:
- Honour our children’s natural curiosity and sense of wonder
- Familiarize our children with our Unitarian Universalist heritage and values and with the beliefs and practices of the world’s religions
- Encourage children’s appreciation for our shared humanity and respect for the diversity of opinion, ability, affectional orientation and ethnicity among us
- Foster children’s sense of connectedness to the extended spiritual family in our congregation and support parents in a community of like-minded individuals
- Inspire children and youth to act for justice, equity and compassion
Family Winter Retreat 2017
Registration is now open for all First families who want to attend this year’s Winter Family Retreat at beautiful Cedar Glen YMCA in Schomberg.
Join us January 20 to 22, 2017 for a weekend of fun, snowy outdoor activities, and connecting with other First families.
Download the registration form, which includes instructions on where to mail your cheque.